Recipes from the Kitchen: Apple Dumpling
Josean Jimenez, our Pastry Chef at Inn on Boltwood has the perfect, cozy New England recipe to share to help you get ready for the fall season. Get in touch with your inner baker and craft Josean’s not-to-be-missed Apple Dumplings. This recipe goes hand-in-hand with 30Boltwood’s re-imagined menu and truly highlights the warm hospitality of New England and the Pioneer Valley. These are sure to impress any family member or guest for any occasion or gathering
Total Time: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD: 2 servings.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 small tart apples, peeled and cored
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- Using a sharp knife, cut pastry sheet in half. Return half to the freezer. Thaw remaining pastry.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14×7-in. rectangle. Cut into two 7-in. squares.
- Place an apple on each square.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cranberries, and cinnamon. Spoon into center of each apple; top each with 1 teaspoon butter. Gently bring up corners of pastry to center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place in a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown. Serve warm.