Serrano Jam Glazed Cod with Cilantro Couscous
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 ½ qt. vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp. Aleppo
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil
- Add couscous, and stir for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and add Aleppo, cilantro, and lime juice. Add salt & pepper to taste
Pickled Serrano Peppers
- 1 qt. rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. of whole black peppercorn
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 shallot (large dice)
- 4 qts. of water
- 4 cups Serrano peppers (cut in half and deseeded)
- Add all ingredients (except the serrano peppers) to a large stock pot
- Stir with a whisk to dissolve salt and sugar
- Place on a medium to high heat until it boils
- Once boiling, slowly add liquid to peppers and let it cool
- Once the liquid cools for 30 minutes, place in the fridge for 24 hrs.
Serrano Pepper Jam
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups Spanish onion (small dice)
- 4 cups red onion (small dice)
- 2 tbsp. garlic (Chopped)
- 2 cups Serrano Peppers (Sliced)
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- In a medium saucepan, sauté all onions, garlic, and peppers on medium to high heat, until translucent.
- Add all sugars and stir until completely dissolved. The sugar will start to bubble.
- Add wine and watch closely until reduced by half. Stir frequently for about 15 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, let it simmer for 10 minutes (reduce heat to medium-low), then reduce for 20 minutes on low heat (stir frequently)
- Add cilantro and lime juice and keep on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place jam in a shallow pan and place in a fridge for 1 hour.
Grilled Bok Choy
- salt & pepper to taste
- Canola oil
- Drizzle bok choy with canola oil.
- Grill bok choy on both sides for 3 minutes each.
- (4) 7 oz. pieces of cod
- Season both sides of cod with salt and pepper. Sear cod on one side until it is golden brown
- Place cod in the oven at 400o for 7 minutes. Pull cod out of the oven, flip with a fish spatula
- Put serrano pepper jam on top of cod to glaze before serving. Serve with Grilled Bok Choy