Vegan Curried Lentil Stew
Try our delicious and healthy Vegan Curried Lentil Stew Recipe. This creamy, satisfying dish is full of flavor and the perfect meal to start to the new season.
- ⅓ cup canola or coconut oil
- 2 cups onion, small dice
- 1 cup celery, small dice
- 1 cup carrot, small dice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- ¼ cup poblano pepper, small dice (without ribs and seeds)
- 1 cup leeks, chopped and cleaned
- 1 cup parsnips, small dice
- 1 cup potatoes, small dice
- 2 cups green lentils
- 8 cups vegetable stock, as needed)
- 2 Tablespoons Madras Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 can 13.5 can of coconut milk
- Fresh Lime Juice to Taste
In a large pot or dutch oven, sweat the mirepoix and garlic in oil.
Add in the rest of the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, curry powder and cook for 5 minutes.
Add lentils, stir to incorporate, and then enough stock to cover. (Ensure that your stock is properly seasoned to taste) Bring it up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15-18 minutes.
Once the lentils are tender, finish it with coconut milk, a squeeze of lime and serve alone or with rice!